Spinach Focaccia Sandwich
Grab this delicious recipe for a healthy nutritious meal. Spinach keeps up the healthy content high in your diet. Try to toast bread to enhance the taste of sandwich.
- 1 focaccia roll, sandwich size, halved
- 2 tablespoon fig preserve
- 2 slices prosciutto/bacon
- 1 thin slice low-fat cheese
- 2 cups spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slather top half of focaccia with fig preserve. Layer prosciutto/bacon and cheese on bottom half of bread.
2. In a pan or skillet, saute spinach over medium-high heat until leaves are wilted, about 2 minutes.
3. Spoon spinach on top of cheese and cover with other half of focaccia, pressing down firmly. Place sandwich on a baking sheet and stick it in the oven for about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven, slice in half, and eat immediately.