Rice With Chicken
- 4 Cups Water
- 3-Pound Whole Chicken Giblets Removed
- 1 Cup Fresh Ginger Root
- 1 Head Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Shallot Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Chopped Coarsely
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice Uncooked
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Fermented Soybeans
- 4 Fresh Red Thai Chilli Peppers
- 1/8 Cup Fresh Ginger Chopped Roughly
- 1 Head Pickled Garlic
- 1/8 Cup Thin Soy Sauce
- 1/8 Cup White Vinegar
- As required Fresh Chopped Cilantro
1. For chicken in a large pan, add water and bring to a boil.
2. Add remaining ingredients and again bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 35 minutes.
4. Remove pan from heat. Transfer the chicken into a large plate. Cover with a foil to keep it warm.
5. Just before serving, remove the meat from bones and cut into bite-sized pieces.
6. In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat oil on medium heat.
7. Add shallot, garlic and ginger and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
8. Add rice and stir to coat with oil mixture. Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
9. Add chicken broth and bring to a gentle boil.
10. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
11. Meanwhile for sauce in a food processor, add all ingredients and pulse till well combined.
12. Divide chicken in serving plates. Top with chicken pieces evenly.
13. Garnish with cilantro. Serve alongside sauce.
|Total Carbohydrates||66.7 g|
|Total Fat||22 g|