1. Heat a non-stick fry pan (skillet) over medium-high heat. Add a little of coconut oil and the sliced bananas, cut side down. Let the bananas caramelise for a few minutes, without moving them, while you're making the porridge.
2. Drain and rinse buckwheat in a sieve under running water. It may be slightly slimy - don't worry this is just starch released during soaking.
3. Add drained buckwheat to the jug of a high speed blender or food processor.
4. Add almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla.
5. Blend until smooth. With a high speed blender it'll probably only take about 30 seconds, otherwise a few minutes in a standard blender or food processor.
6. Tip into serving bowls and top with hot bananas, a swirl of peanut butter, a drizzle of maple syrup and a scattering of coconut flakes.