1. Wash and soak quinoa for about 15 to 20 minutes.2. While they soak, chop the veggies.
3. Heat a pan with oil, add cumin, mustard, dals and fry until they turn golden. Add hing, chopped veggies and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Pour water and add salt. Bring it to a boil.
5. Drain off water from quinoa. Add them to boiling water.
6. Cook on a medium flame until quinoa gets cooked completely and absorbs water. If there is more water left, cook for longer and evaporate. When quinoa is completely cooked they look transparent.
7. Quinoa upma is ready to be served with chutney podi and lemon wedge.
|Total Fat||10.2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6.2 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||45.6 g|