1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium frying pan. Add onion and garlic, and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat; and transfer to oven-safe casserole dish if not already using one.
3. Add quinoa, diced tomatoes, water, nutritional yeast, tomato paste, and spices. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
4. Cover and place in oven and set timer for 30 minutes.Carefully remove casserole from oven and stir in drained beans and corn (with liquid). If the mixture looks dry, add a half cup of water.
5. Return to oven with lid and set timer for another 30 minutes.
6. Carefully remove casserole from oven and stir in spinach. It will wilt from the heat.
7. Top with sour cream, diced avocado and/or cilantro and serve.
|Total Carbohydrates||27.3 g|