- 1 Medium Apple (Peeled)
- 2 Medium Carrots (Peeled)
- 1½ Cups Gluten-Free Flour
- 1½ Cups Flax Seed Meal
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¾ Cup Whole/Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Whole Flax Seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350º. Puree the apple & carrots in a food processor & set aside. Line a 6-muffin tin with large paper cups, & set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, flax seed meal, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, & cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, & vanilla. Mix well, & slowly pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring.
4. When the wet & dry ingredients are combined, add the apple & carrot puree. Gently stir to combine without over mixing.
5. Using a measuring cup or scoop, evenly divide the batter between the muffin cups. (They will fill nearly all the way to the top, & because these are gluten-free muffins, they aren't going to rise too much.)
6. Sprinkle the flax seeds on top of each muffin. Bake, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
7. Cool in the muffin tin for 5 to 10 minutes.
|Dietary Fiber||10.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||32.6 g|