Chicken & White Bean Salad
- 1 Pc Garlic Clove
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 5 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Tbsp Fresh Orange Juice
- ¼ Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Djon Mustard
- 1, 15-Oz Can White Beans (Rinsed, Drained)
- 2 ½ Cups Chicken Breast (Diced)
- 1½ Cup Zucchini (Diced)
- ½ Cup Summer Squash (Diced)
- 1½ Cups Celery (Diced)
- ¼ Cup Feta Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Basil Leaves (Coarsely Chopped)
- Salt & Ground Pepper (To Taste)
- 2 Cups Lettuce
- 2 Cups Radicchio Leaves
1. To prepare vinaigrette: Peel the garlic & smash with the side of a chef's knife. Using a fork, mash the garlic with ¼ teaspoon salt in a small Bowl to form a coarse paste. Whisk in 5 tablespoons oil. Add 6 tablespoons orange juice, vinegar & mustard; whisk until well blended. Taste & whisk in up to 4 tablespoons more juice to mellow the flavor; season with more salt, if desired. Set aside at room temperature.
2. To prepare salad: Combine beans, chicken, zucchini (&/or summer squash), celery, cheese & sun-dried tomatoes (if using) in a large Bowl until well blended. Add chopped basil & ¾ cup vinaigrette; toss until combined. Taste & season with salt &/or pepper, if desired.
3. Toss the remaining vinaigrette with escarole (or romaine) & radicchio in a medium Bowl. Serve the salad on the greens, garnished with fresh basil leaves.
|Total Fat||31.1 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||25.2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7.4 g|