FOR SHREDDED BEEF:
FOR THE SAUCE:
FOR THE SALAD:
1. Start with the seasoning with salt & pepper of all the sides of the roast.
2. Place a skillet over high heat and add the oil. Once the oil is thoroughly heated add the roast and cook until browned from all the sides.
3. Take a slow cooker and add onions, garlic, sugar, all spices, jalapenos, chipotles and the bacon. Top this up with browned roast.
4. Add beef broth to the slow cooker and cook until the roast is falling apart tender. It will take around 8 hours. Allow it to cool down before removing it from the slow cooker.
5. To prepare the slaw: Mix together sugar,vinegar, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Add the apples, carrots and cabbage and toss well. Chill for 1 hour.
6. Strain 2 cups of liquid after the beef has cooled down into a pot. Now add mustard powder, sugar, ketchup and red pepper and cook until it is reduced to 1/3.
7. Now all your elements are take a bun, top it up with shredded beef, top with slaw and drizzle the sauce. Enjoy!
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||26.5 g|