1. In a large pot, saute the onions and carrots in the vegetable oil for 3-5 minutes until the onions turn clear.
2. Add the vegetable broth, lentils, thyme, bay leaves and a dash of sea salt or kosher salt and black pepper (you can always add more later when you taste the soup).
3. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook your soup until the lentils are soft, about 45 minutes.
4. Remove bay leaves and stir in lemon juice before serving.
5. The lemon juice is optional, but it just helps to bring out all the other flavors a bit more.
6. Taste, and season with a bit more salt and pepper to taste, or, serve as is.
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||33 g|