1. Rinse the lentils well and soak for half hour.
2. Chop up the tomatoes and onions.
3. Add 1 litre of water to a pot; throw in the chopped onions and tomatoes along with the lentils.
4. Add salt to taste, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
5. Bring it to a boil and then let it simmer till the lentils are done, usually takes no longer than 30 minutes. Take of the heat and put aside.
6. In a small fry pan add the olive oil, cut the garlic cloves into thin slices and the cumin seed; when both are slight brown, add this to the Lentils already cooked.
7. The Daal is ready to be served, as your preferred side dish or just as a soup.
|Total Fat||7.7 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||18.6 g|