Make this easy to cook, lip-smacking dish in your dinner meal. Surprise your loved ones with new flavors of Indian food recipes.
1. In a pressure cooker, add in split yellow lentils, whole black beans, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cover and cook on medium high heat for about 15 minutes.
2. Open the pressure cooker and let it simmer for about 20 minutes until desired consistency or dal becomes thick.
3. Meanwhile in a small frying pan, heat oil on medium low heat. Add in ginger and garlic. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Now when dal is cooked, pour the ginger garlic mixture above it. Cover it for a minute.
5. Serve it with rice or roti.
|Total Fat||6.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||3.9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||13.4 g|