Chinese Sweet & Sour Vegetables
- 3 Cups Broccoli
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Tsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/8 Cup Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- ½ Tsp Dark Sesame Oil
- ¼ Cup Green Onion
1. Add ½ cup water to large skillet with a tight-fitting lid and bring to a boil over high heat. Add carrots, cover and steam for 4 minutes.
2. Remove lid and add additional ¼ cup water and bring to a boil.
3. Add broccoli and red peppers. Reduce heat to medium.
4. Cover and steam another 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
5. Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and sugar in small bowl.
6. Blend in pineapple juice, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth.
7. Transfer vegetables to colander and drain. Stir pineapple mixture and add to skillet.
8. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in sesame oil.
9. Return vegetables to skillet along with the green onions and toss with sauce.
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||13.8 g|