Barley & Roasted Tomato Risotto
- 2 Pounds Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Shallots Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Dry White Wine Optional
- 2 Cups Pearl Barley
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 3 Cups Water
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Basil Chopped
- 3 Tbsp Parsley Chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh Thyme Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Lightly grease baking tray.
3. Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet.
4. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the olive oil.
5. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of the salt and 1/4 tsp of the pepper and mix to combine.
6. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes until the tomatoes are softened and beginning to brown.
7. Set aside.
8. In a large skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil on medium heat.
9. Add shallots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until tender.
10. Add white wine and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.
11. Add barley and mix to combine.
12. Add the remaining ¾ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
13. Add broth and water and cook for 45 to 50 minutes until the barley is tender and liquid is completely absorbed.
14. Top with tomatoes, basil, parsley, thyme and cheese.
|Total Fat||6.6 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||45.1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9.4 g|