- 1 Red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 Jar of 6 oz, marinated artichoke hearts
- 6 oz mozzarella
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pinch of pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat broiler to high and line a baking sheet with foil. Seed and core peppers and cut in half. Place halved peppers, skin side up, on baking sheet and broil until blackened, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a paper bag, seal bag and allow to steam for 10 minutes. Hold peppers under cold running water to remove skin. Pat dry with paper towels and cut into squares.
2. Thread artichoke hearts, peppers and cheese on 12 small skewers or large toothpicks, alternating decoratively.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, oil, salt and pepper until blended and smooth. Arrange skewers on a large platter. Brush liberally with balsamic mixture and sprinkle with parsley or basil, if desired. Serve at room temperature.